Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, June 9, 2008

Is Hypnosis Real?

I often have someone asking me that question.

What many people don't realize is how we
are "hypnotized" all of the time
by the things we are exposed to.

Sometimes the very act of hypnotizing someone
formally can take away from the effect
because the person becomes guarded,
maybe even more aware than s/he normally would be.

There is someone named Derren Brown
who has created some very interesting
"experiments." I have to say that when I
first saw the following video, there was a part
of me that couldn't appreciate what he had done.

When I saw how it affected one person in particular,
I hoped that whatever had to be done afterward
to help him was done, because I cannot imagine
how he could have felt, given what happened,
and how he might have seen himself after the fact.

In addition, there is one person who says that
he is "a good person" when things turn out
the way that they did. To me, that almost implies
that the others who acted differently
were not/are not good people.

It is this type of thinking I think can be
problematic when people think about what they
could/would do and what would be deemed
"against their will," as compared to what
might actually be done, given the "right" influence.
If you wind up doing something you wouldn't
normally do, does that make you a bad person?

Unfortunately, I believe that many would likely
say yes, as an answer to that question. Even
if the person himself might disagree, or be
confused, undoubtedly there would be others
who would likely choose that judgment of the
situation themselves.

Of course, there are many pieces and parts to
this issue. The following video stands in
isolation. However, given the details, it is
a meaty thing to consider.

Check it out, and see what you come away with, and then I
invite you to write me to discuss this further
if you want to know more about what I think.



Can't see above?
View Here.

Have a great night!
Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment