Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Effects of Recordings...are there any?

I had a caller recently ask about the effects of listening to recordings.

He often listens to recordings because they help him live out things he wouldn't otherwise do in "Real Life." He found himself wondering if he could find himself actually wanting the types of things he experiences in a hypnotic state.

The very fact that he was questioning it, I told him, was something to be aware of. There are all types of recordings, and there are all types of wordings for the recordings. Will a one time listening of a recording have any effect, much less an enduring one? Well...potentially, yes.

Does the potential matter? Read why below, and then you decide.

It is potentially Yes, because it may be something so in tune with you, that it was all you needed to move forward on that "thing." Yes, because if it's pleasureable, and encourages you to listen over and over, then one listen is as good as 3-5-10, or more because each listen will draw you closer to its desired effects. Yes, because even if you don't think it has an effect initially, you might find the feeling "creeping up" on you later. You would be surprised with the effect - it seemingly coming out of no where. You may even listen several times, thinking it's not working and then - WHAM! Yes, because your mind is an interesting place. Even the most carefully worded suggestions could have unintended effects by the time your mind is done with them. You might be surprised how people have told me that I told them something - something I know I never would say, but their mind somehow came up with it in the context of me.

Some recordings may be designed to have the effect only while listening. However, if it is something that your mind begins to associate with things/situations, etc outside of hypnosis, the fact that it is only in the recording might be a moot point.

Basically, it is always wise to play it as safe as possible. Another one of my callers told me that he had heard that you should jump into the middle of a recording and listen to it, before listening hypnotically. It's a worthy suggestion. However, as hypnosis (erotic hypnosis in particular) can be a rabbit hole, you'll never know where you might wind up when you indulge.

As always, feel free to contact me, and ask questions. I may not always have the answers - but I will get you thinking. Hmmm...once again, maybe not the best thing, given the erotic context, but trust me when I tell you that you will likely enjoy and trust your experience more, being an informed and questioning participant in the process.

Have a great night!
Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment