Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Knowing What is Important

While I worked diligently on my new Naughty or Nice
game, I had hoped that things would ease some when
it was completed.

Well, it did, and it didn't.

I have been helping out a friend who had surgery,
and it is amazing to consider how much effort goes
into the little things. I barely got some sleep at
one point, concerned about their well being. I might
not have had to be so attentive, but this person was
so out of it, they didn't even remember some of the
things that happened.

In regular life, this person is always in control -
and there was a desire to be in control - even in an
extremely doped up state from the anesthetic. It
didn't work too well. This person wanted to act as
if everything was just fine - but it was pretty darn
far from it.

It was like watching someone enmeshed in a hypnotic
state. At one point I wondered if I should just
take control and tell the person what to do, instead
of the person having any say - or at the very least
having to battle for their say. As per my usual, I
tried to respect the person's desires - and
ultimately went with what they wanted...given that it
is likely in a similar situation I would want the same
respect.

In life we are often given opportunities to dance with
others. Sometimes that dance seems more complicated
than others, and sometimes it just seems to flow. Of
course, the times that flow can be pretty amazing, but
it is those times that don't flow that likely offer us
the greatest opportunity for clarity and to see what we
truly value and deem important - as long, that is, that
we allow ourselves to see things through a flexible lens.
When we fight to stick to what WE want, we may lose a
bigger battle than the one we think we are fighting.

All of which leads me to think about how important it is
for us to know what we want at the core of us. It is
the core that is in many ways our steering wheel. When
we know what is important, and focus on it, we seem to
be able to steer in a direction that coincides with the
place we want to be. I am sure you would agree there is
nothing worse than trying to steer in one direction, but
finding yourself unable to go the way you want to go.
I would say that inflexibility in the moment can often
make for a difficult drive.

I would also say this likely goes for most things.
However elusive knowing what you want may sometimes be,
it is an invaluable ally - especially in times of
conflict and disagreement. Sometimes there is nothing
better than giving into what another wants - just to
preserve the bigger picture.

Want a great gift for Christmas? (Besides my images,
that is LOL) Get clear about what is important to you
and why it is important. I can pretty much guarantee
you it will be one of the best gifts you will ever
give yourself.

I hope your month is going by without any glitches, and
is full of lots of love and wonderful surprises. Have
you seen my holiday video yet? I took it down from
youtube at one point, concerned that it might be reported
as against their terms. I will be putting it up here in the
next few days. You may want to come back and check it out.

Have a great night, and I hope to "speak" with you soon.

Isis
 

1 comment:

  1. Caring for someone else, in a big or small circumstance is quite the lesson and experience. I'm glad (or hope) You and the friend are able to get through things ok, and always nice to hear of a hypnotist who'll respect the boundaries of a possible subject, no matter how good She is.

    Hope Your holiday goes glitchless as well Isis. And thanks for the game thus far - very fun!

    ReplyDelete