Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, November 10, 2008

It might just be hypnosis...

I lost contact with a
caller of mine for a while,
but when he resurfaced,
he told me that he had gotten
in over his head with Niteflirt
Pay to View emails.

In addition, as much as the
bills weren't a good thing,
he was finding himself unable
to resist spending more money
whenever he was able to get
back on the computer. He told
me that it "felt like hypnosis."

Even though this person never
advertised herself as a
hypnotist - and whether she
realized that she was using
hypnotic technique - she was
most certainly hypnotizing him.

I often get people who call me
skeptical that they can be
hypnotized. What they don't
realize is that they are likely
often hypnotically - naturally -
suggestible. It is much more
prevalent than realized.

The reason hypnosis sometimes
*seems* not to work is because
those are times that people are
consciously seeking the state,
and as a result, can consciously
block its occurrence.

When your mind makes associations,
especially if they are tied to
something sexual, they can have a
powerful effect. Is it a "bad"
thing? It depends on you, and
what you want, and what works
for you.

I am a great believer that if
something works for an individual,
it works. The only problem is
that it might work in the beginning,
but then it might get to a point
that it controls you, and effectively
no longer "works."

The point here is to be MINDFUL
about where you put your attention,
and to be aware of the types of
things that can happen. If you are,
there is a better chance that you'll
be able to stay out of difficulties.

However, stress and other things, can
most certainly create an opening that
is exploitable, and ultimately create
actions that are regrettable.

If you have any questions about this
entry, or find yourself in a place
you're not sure how you got there,
or have doubts that it's a place you
want to be, feel free to contact me.
I might be able to help.

Have a great week!
Isis

2 comments:

  1. Hi Isis,
    You said to write if I have any questions. Is this the only way to write (blog comment)? Not sure I want to post the question publicly.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can reach me at Isis at IsisTheEnchantress.com. :-)

    ReplyDelete