Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seeing Things Differently

Hello!

It has been awhile since my last post.

I hope you have been enjoying your summer.

I was traveling for a bit, and have been
working on some non-Isis projects which
have kept me busy.

As much as I enjoy talking to y'all, there
is more to me than just a sexy voice. I
know that isn't what you are always wanting
to hear, or interested in, but then again,
sometimes it is helpful to know.

Lately I have been talking to some of my
callers about "real" life issues. You
would be amazed by what is possible
hypnotically in your "real" life - as
opposed to the virtual one you have with
me. If you are interested in hearing
more, feel free to contact me at isis at
isistheenchantress.com.

Before ending this entry, I wanted to
share with you something I read. It is
a story of a 65 year old painter who
became color blind after an accident.

At first, he was depressed, even suicidal.
After a time, though, there were those
who thought that they may be able to
bring back his ability to see colors.

His reaction surprised them, "he thought
the suggestion unintelligible, and
repugnant."

Why do I share this with you? Because
it reminded me of what I have seen happen
with hypnosis. A person starts out one
way and gradually over time is conditioned
to react to things differently, just as
a painter who lost his color sight would be.

In time, this "new" person comes to see
the world differently, and anything that
could threaten to upset the new norm is
unwelcome.

As I always say, be VERY careful what you
wish for, you might just get it.

BTW, in case you are interested in where
this story came from, it's a book called
An Anthropologist on Mars, by Oliver Sacks.

:-)
Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment