Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Think Different | Video

"Have the courage to follow your heart & intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to
become. Everything else is secondary."

- Steve Jobs

So much is being said about this man today. I
never paid much attention to him or his story,
until now, and what an amazing one it is - on
so many levels.

Would he have been the same man with the same
opportunities and met the same people if he
hadn't been adopted?

If he had given up the many times things seemed
to tank, would he have been someone who "could
have been somebody"?

Would he have become all that he was, and
accomplish all that he did if he hadn't been
fired from Apple?

There are things about his life that some will
judge negatively and harshly, and some will even
take away the fact that "he" created what he did,
by saying that GOD did. (Sadly I have heard people
are going to protest his funeral.)

When we will realize the fact that while we are
in many ways seemingly different, we are, at the
core, remarkably similar? When will we realize
that the things we are meant to recognize aren't
the things that we often do?

Inspiration comes from somewhere. Maybe it is
God. At the same time, many are inspired, and
do nothing. Steve Jobs was a man, who it is
said (and I think he may have said), lived
every day like it was his last.*

Many of us live like we will have forever. We
go through life mindlessly floating along, and
even if inspiration hits, it sits idly by.

Steve Jobs made the most of his human experience,
seeming faults and all, and the actions he took
have changed the landscape of much of our
technological world. He did that by allowing
himself to question things and how they looked
and felt and how they were approached, molded,
and handled - and then - acted on it
.

I would say the celebration of any person is
more about what they contribute to the process
of life than the things they bring to life
itself. The greatest tribute we can make for
anyone is to honor the lessons that they brought
to our attention through who they were, what
they said, and what they did.

Like the man, or not, he impressed many enough
to affect them in the ways that mattered -
to themselves. I can think of no greater gift.



*EDIT
I just read about how he went about taking his
wife out on their first date.
It would truly
seem that he lived his life that way in all
regards.

"For all of his single-minded dedication to the company he built from the ground up, Jobs actually skipped a meeting to take Laurene on their first date: "I was in the parking lot with the key in the car, and I thought to myself, 'If this is my last night on earth, would I rather spend it at a business meeting or with this woman?' I ran across the parking lot, asked her if she'd have dinner with me. She said yes, we walked into town and we've been together ever since.'"

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

2 comments:

  1. Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address:
    http://youtu.be/UF8uR6Z6KLc

    He sure will be missed...

    ReplyDelete