Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, October 7, 2011

Stubborn as an Ox?


I was speaking with someone recently about
horoscopes. While many know about the
western ones, few know much about the
Chinese versions which go by years instead
of months.

While I don't know what to make of this type
of thing in general, one thing I do know is
that often it gets a bad rap because it is
boiled down to such a generic place it could
seem to apply to almost anyone.

At the same time, it might be interesting
to see where there is a relationship between
what a person's sign says s/he is and what
the person actually is. I have found on
occasion that it can be quite insightful.

When you recognize something about yourself
you have two choices: embrace it or change
it. And the first step in changing it is
to embrace it. Without being able to
acknowledge a characteristic you are unable
to do anything to alter it.

Were you, or someone you know, born in
1901, 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949,
1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009

If so, you are an Ox in Chinese astrology,
and one of the key characteristics of an
Ox is stubbornness and inflexibility
.
Does it fit?

An Ox may get along with a Rabbit who
tries to play peacemaker
(which is a
good characteristic, but as with most
things, it can sometimes be to his/her
own detriment). The characteristics
of the personality might be able to
balance the other out.

If you are curious at all about your sign,
you can click on one of the text links
above, and you can see detailed descriptions
of the signs and compatibilities (or you can
just click here). If you do that, I'd be
curious to know if you feel that it matches
the characteristics of you or someone you
know.

As always, feel free to share publicly or
privately.

Have a great weekend.

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment